What better way to celebrate National Pig Day than with a delicious pulled pork dish? That’s right, today, Tuesday, March 1st is National Pig Day. And it’s not too late to celebrate with Salsa Pulled pork. It’s a recipe that takes little effort since your slow cooker can do all of the work for you. And it tastes amazing. We add a package of frozen organic mangoes, but you don’t have to. We like this sweet and savory mixture with the slow and lingering kick that our spicy salsa adds at the end. ENJOY!
- Place an organic pork butt * in the crock pot with a one large, peeled organic onion and enough water to just about cover it. Cook on high for 6 hours or low for overnight.
- Render the fat and water mixture by pouring it out of the crock pot.
- Pull the pork with two forks to separate.
- Add a jar of GourGanics Spicy and a bag of frozen mango and let cook for an hour or so on low.
- Serve with tortillas.
- For GourGanics Carnitas, simply take the pulled pork mixture out of the crock pot, put it in a sheet pan and let it get crispy under the broiler before serving.
- Then serve with tortillas or good soft rolls.
*This is not actually a butt, it’s a shoulder. You can also use pork picnic or a tenderloin but the tenderloin needs just a few hours, and you won’t need to render the fat.