GourGanics Vegan Ginger Scented Curry Soup
A thick and satisfying soup that’s short on fat and big on flavor!
Here’s what you need:
- 4-7 good shakes Organic Hot Curry Powder (we like Frontier brand)
- 3 tablespoons spicy GourGanics
- 1/2 cup chopped organic onion
- 1/2 cup chopped organic celery
- 1/3 cup diced organic carrots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 sweet organic potato (par cooked in microwave and cut into chunks)
- 1/2 package extra firm tofu, in larger diced pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Drizzle olive oil
- Fresh ginger to taste ( I use a a small root in its entirety)
- 1 cup organic veggie broth
Here’s what to do:
Put your sweet potato in the microwave on the potato setting but make sure it doesn’t overcook. If you are opposed to the microwave, bake it in your oven at 350 degrees for about 1/2 an hour.
Drizzle put a small amount of olive oil in pan and allow it to get warm, but not so hot it shimmers. Add tofu, lots of curry powder and cook for about 3 minutes per side, so it has texture and a little nutty color to it. Add onions, celery, carrots, garlic and sautee for 5 minutes, adding veggie stock in small amounts as you go. Add remainder of broth, coconut oil, sweet potato and grate ginger to taste. Cook for 2 more minutes and you are done. I like to grate on one more bit of ginger before serving.
I often add Organic jasmine white rice to the bowl but it’s also delicious as is. Are you a meat lover? Replace the tofu with Organic Chicken thighs. Enjoy!