It’s the last day of school, finally. The kids are done. Mom is done. The teachers in the Fairfield Connecticut School system are ALL DONE. We enjoyed a few backyard parties with the kids this afternoon and ended up bringing Dom’s buddy Finn home with us. Know what is really awesome about Finn? His enthusiasm. Know what Finn is most enthusiastic about? His love for GourGanics USDA Organic Salsa. YAY. Finn said he’d really love some chips and salsa. GUSH. My heart filled with joy, and then sunk a little. Imagine my dismay when I realized we were out of chips. But we are problem-solvers, Finn and I. We found ourselves some organic corn tortillas in the fridge and I showed Finn how to transform some store-bought corn tortillas into crispy chips for nachos. Some people coat the tortilla wedges with olive oil before baking, but we didn’t.
Here’s what you need:
- organic gluten-free corn tortillas
- organic cheese or vegan/lactose-free cheese replacement
Here’s what you need to do:
- Preheat oven to 350 or convection 325.
- Cut tortillas into triangles and season with salt. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for about 6 minutes, turn chips over, give them 2 more minutes. Cover with your choice of cheese or dairy-free substitute, bake another minute.
- Serve with GourGanics USDA Organic Salsa and enjoy.